Thursday, January 14, 2010


Here's on I painted over a year ago. At the time I was quite proud of it. However even a year ago I was still very experimental in my style. (I still am.)
It was the first painting I did were I took conscious effort to translate the picture into a painting, rather than try and duplicate exactly what I looked like in real life. My first impressionist painting.
What I don't like are the colours and the composition. The colours are inaccurate, but that's not the problem - they're just not vibrant enough. I was too busy trying to focus on my paint strokes to focus enough attention on my palette.
The composition could have done with a bit of tweaking - and it would have gone a long way.


This painting is from Pacheedadt Beach, near the beginning of the West Coast Trail and Port Renfrew. A magical place. I try and camp there every year.

The painting now hangs over my fireplace. I must take it down replace it with something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment